Beautiful Day

Friday, April 17, 2015

Pulling Weeds

As the gardening season is here and all around me stand endless pots of plants from my dear Country Girl's school projects, experiments, and the labors of one of the passions of her heart, I am reminded that I have very, very often thought of my life in the analogy of a garden.

Right here, right now?  This is the season for pulling weeds.



This chapter speaks volumes about the importance of pulling weeds in marriage.  I found it to be so insightful and want to share it with you.  Just click on the link when you have some time to ponder and pray.  And maybe read and talk with your beloved?

Because your marriage is worth it!

Then follow up by planting seeds of goodness, of beauty, of all the fruits of the Spirit.  As the article so poignantly reminds me:  Good fruit and a beautiful harvest does not just happen.  It takes watering, it takes care and tending, and love.  In short, it takes hard work.  Over and over and over again.





"We were made to run
through fields of forever,
Singing songs to our Savior and King,
So let us remember
this life we're living
Is just the beginning
of the beginning

Of this glorious unfolding"

~Steven Curtis Chapman


1 comment:

  1. I started reading the chapter you linked to and was reminded why it was that I had once read the (whole) book and loved it so much. Perhaps it is time to pull it off the shelf and give it another read. Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...