Beautiful Day

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Favorite Quotes from 2015

In recollecting the year, I wanted to record some of the quotes that have spoken to me.  These are, of course, aside from the Bible.  The majority of my recordings have come from the Psalms this year.  And you can read them on your own.  The Psalms came alive for me this year in a profound way and I am so grateful.  

I hear the words everywhere, whether music, movies, or books.  These are some of my words in 2015.



"This is the unmaking
The beauty in the breaking
Had to lose myself
To find out who you are..."
~Nichole Nordeman

"I pass through a vale of tears but bless thee for the opening gate of glory at its end."
~"The Valley of Vision"

"I would rather have a man chasing Jesus than a house full of stuff"
~The movie, "War Room" by Alex and Stephen Kendrick

"And I fall on my knees and I fight like a warrior,
I am a warrior on my knees."
~Steven Curtis Chapman



"I know of no answer to give anyone except the answer given to all the world in the cross.  It was there that the great Grain of Wheat died--not that death should be the end of the story, but that it should be the beginning of the story, as it is in all the cycles of nature.  The grain dies.  The harvest results."
~Elisabeth Elliot

"What you practice, you become."
~Sally Clarkson

"Have courage and be kind."
~"Cinderella" movie
Have Courage and Be Kind printable
Image from www.craftastical.com

"Sing about His mercies and greatness.  The enemy would like to destroy your family and your joy--all you have invested and all your hopes for the future."
~Elisabeth Elliot

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important."
~Ambrose Redmoon

"Real courage is doing your duty under fire."
~Dennis Rainey

"There comes into the life of every man a task for which he and he alone is uniquely suited.  What a shame if that moment finds him either unwilling or unprepared for that which would become his finest hour."
~Winston Churchill

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point."
~C.S. Lewis
Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point. - C.S. Lewis | Tiffany made this with Spoken.ly:

"Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see."
~Neil Postman

"God uses crooked sticks to draw straight lines."
~Dr. Carl Wenger

"Quarry me deep, dear LORD, and then fill me to overflowing with living water."
~"Valley of Vision"

"And thanksgiving in the midst of darkness, clears a way for grace."
~Elisabeth Elliot

"Then I ask myself:  but why do I need the word of anyone but God Himself?  He has told me again and again and again that He is with me and will always be with me, in the deep river, the hot fire, the Valley of the Shadow.  Yet I sometimes doubt Him.  So, in His mercy, He brings along witness after witness, people who have learned dimensions of transforming grace impossible for them to have learned anywhere but where they were."
~Elisabeth Elliot



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...