Beautiful Day

Friday, January 20, 2012

Everything for His Glory

My Young Warrior was listening to one of his favorite songs.  It drew me in.  And really there are few joys in life that compare to dancing in the quiet of your home with a baby in your arms.  It ranks up there just under dancing in the living room with your husband.  So that is what I found myself doing.  It's even more fun when other children join in.

The chorus of the lyrics goes like this:

As you do every thing you do for the glory of the One who made you
Cause He made you
To do
Every little thing that you do
To bring a smile to His face
And tell the story of grace
With every move that you make
And every little thing you do


I needed to just soak in those words for a little while.  Am I telling the story of grace as I go about the day in my responses and conversations?  This song just has a way of lifting me out of the mundane and putting joy in the journey and a spring in my step.  Ordinarily, I prefer more reflective and "quieter" music.  But I have kept Steven Curtis Chapman as a favorite for well over twenty years (and yes, some of his songs are quiet and reflective).  Meaningful, well-chosen words is one reason why.  I find his  music so compelling because he also seems to have a grasp of the condition of our human souls--the struggles, the messes, AND the victories--and how we need to be turned God-ward in the midst of every moment.

These words also brought to mind the voice of my Young Princess when she was even younger and we were teaching them the Catechism for Young Children.


Q:  Who made you?
A:  God.


Q:What else did God make?
A:  God made all things.


Q:  Why did God make you and all things?
A:  For His own glory. 

When the moment was gone, I was a bit sad it was over.  I think I wanted to play it again.  I decided to see if there was a good video to go with it.  Children were giggling and the older ones came over to see.  Now all of us were laughing at the funny antics of Steven Curtis Chapman in this video. 

I hope this might bring some joy to your day---and delight that you were made for His glory!  I know I can use this reminder often.  So though the video is a bit goofy, I hope the message of the lyrics ministers to your heart today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...