Beautiful Day

Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Work of our Hands



Around here, creating is a big part of life. I love that God has made us in His image and that one of the greatest ways we are made reflections of His image is with the ability to create. And creating must also reflect His beauty and character if we are truly and accurately to represent His creativity. From my Tender Warrior who enjoys re-designing the function of our home or working the land outside, to my Country Girls who draw amazing pencil sketches from history or work wonders with food and fiber (or are learning to), to my Young Warrior building with Legos----creativity is everywhere. Though I am not any sort of artistic professional, I do believe I am an artist-at-heart. I've always loved creating works of beauty to the best of my ability. It truly is one of the greatest joys to bring life to my family by even the simplest means of arranging something beautiful.
Recently it was county fair time. What better way to motivate and inspire young ones to create? At least my children find it motivating to enter their creations in some friendly competition. It's always a last-minute rush to prepare all of the entries, but so worth seeing the children take pride in the work of their hands.
"And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us, And establish the work of our hands for us; Yes, establish the work of our hands." (Psalm 90:17 NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...