Beautiful Day

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Catching Up (a Little)



Life is full. And very good. This past month I have been very occupied with one cute little boy. I am still trying to learn how to lower my expectations for what I can accomplish. My body is keen to remind me and I'm sure that's a good thing. If only I can figure out how to keep up on laundry, make sure all are fed (I do have good helpers) and TRY to have a little bit of a tidy home while resting. I find this even more tricky to minimize how many trips up and down the stairs I take in a day. Besides all that, I am trying to figure out how to adjust my diet. I think we have a mild case of thrush going on. It just so happens (God knew!) that I was reading a book on health and nutrition--I'll tell more about that later--then this issue came up. So I am seeking to keep yeast out of my diet and let me tell you, it's not easy for one who loves bread, and loves to make it besides! But, I am learning so much and being reminded of other things I have learned but have become lazy about. So in all my studying and research, I am coming back to soaking grains and trying to make sourdough bread again. I really do feel better over all having eliminated yeast bread from my diet for the present. So this all has me curious and looking back over my copies of "Nourishing Traditions" and "The Maker's Diet."

My challenge: How to eat well, keeping yeast bread, cheese, most dairy, and most forms of sugar out of my diet for the time being, and keep enough calories for myself and my wee little one. The first couple of days were kind of overwhelming. I would go to the refrigerator or pantry and ask, "What can I eat?" and nearly cry because I didn't know how to answer the question besides yogurt (which I DO like, by the way, but don't want to eat ALL of the time). But each day has gotten a little easier. Still, I do find that taking the time to think about soaking or sourdough is work. And I'm really not supposed to be doing too much. One little step at a time.....

Besides all of this, we had one sweet little Princess who had a birthday:




And a whole lot of grapes to make juice and jelly out of.




MANY blessings for which I am so grateful for. And did I mention we have some beautiful fall sunshine? That's not making it any easier to spend time horizontal, except that I at least have a lovely view from my room. And I should be going there now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...